• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S3 Problems, please help!!

Please help!! Hello all, I am fairly new to the android world, but am happy to be a part of it now. I have a Galaxy S3 phone and I have been experiencing some intermittent problems making a call from my contacts list or from my favorites list. I open my phone contacts and choose to call, for example, "my wife". A white box appears with the words "Contact not registered on network", I try again and again, same message. I try another contact, same message. I restart my phone, good for a few days to a week or so. Then it happens again. I called Samsung tech support, they don't seem to be any help but do like to hand out Ref. numbers and then leave me hanging on my own. I reset my phone back to factory defaults (as per tech support) and a week later I'm back to intermittent errors again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

gspointer:(

Hey there gspointer, sounds like you have quite the issue on your hands.

Did you try recreating her contact linked with your google account?

Also how did you make the contacts, or were they imported?

Lastly, it could just be a bad phone, and you might want to get a new one :(

However, do not despair lets keep trying every other available thing until we are out of options!

Upvote 0
This issue is with random contacts, when it happens, it will happen to any contact I try. I originally synced my outlook contacts with Google contacts and then my phone syncs with Google contacts. As for having a bad phone, that would be the story of my life. If there is a bad phone I will get it (bad karma or something).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones