• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S3 rookie here with some problems

Hi guys,

I got the new update and am missing some much appreciated aspects of the phone. First, smart alert isn't working. I pick up my phone from the table when it is in sleep mode, and the vibrate feature letting me know there is a text waiting is gone. I have checked that smart alert is checked off, but it won't work. Also, when the phone is in sleep mode and a text comes in, the screen doesn't turn on by itself so I can see it. I have to pick the phone up to get the text. Another thing I miss is that the lock screen showing me a text is there...I can no longer swipe to open the phone directly into the text.

Can anyone help me out with these problems?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I got the new update and am missing some much appreciated aspects of the phone. First, smart alert isn't working. I pick up my phone from the table when it is in sleep mode, and the vibrate feature letting me know there is a text waiting is gone. I have checked that smart alert is checked off, but it won't work. Also, when the phone is in sleep mode and a text comes in, the screen doesn't turn on by itself so I can see it. I have to pick the phone up to get the text. Another thing I miss is that the lock screen showing me a text is there...I can no longer swipe to open the phone directly into the text.

Can anyone help me out with these problems?

Thanks!

You need to turn on daydream its in the setting from your home screen. Don't know what smart alert is. Don't understand why you have to pickup your phoneto receive msgs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones