1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 - S Voice & Parrot CK3100 Car Kit?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bjblackmore, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bjblackmore

bjblackmore Lurker

Hi,

I've just upgraded from my old Google Nexus One to the Galaxy S3. I used to have the N1 connected to my in-car Parrot CK3100 hands free kit, which has voice recognition. The phone recognition on the N1 was never very good, so I could change the setting on the CK3100 to use the voice recog on the car kit itself, and not to use the phone, which worked much better.

I have now connected the S3 to the CK3100, everything connected fine, phone book transfered without any issue. However, having tested the S Voice app, it still doesn't work very well, as it uses a network connection to recognise the voice, if there isn't a very good connection, most of the time it just errors with 'Network Error', so I'd still prefer to use the CK3100 voice recog.

I have gone into the CK3100 settings > voice recognition > and changed it from 'Phone' to 'Hands free kit', like on the N1, however, when I press the button on the CK3100 to active voice recog, it still activates the S Voice app, and the phone takes over! I have tried disconnection/reconnecting & de-pairing/re-pairing the phone to the CK3100, and changing the voice recog setting back to phone and then hands free kit again, but nothing helps, the S3 just insists on using the S voice app and overriding the Parrot!

Can anyone help? How can I force the phone to use Parrot Ck3100 voice recog?

Many thanks

Ben

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. andromoida

andromoida Lurker

Try upgrading the CK3100 software to the latest version, ver. 5.0 instructions are at the parrot website.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews