1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 Screen Lagging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stonesthrow, Aug 14, 2012.

1. stonesthrow

stonesthrow Newbie

Had my S3 for about 6 weeks and found my screen has started to lag. By this I mean when scrolling my screen takes a second to react. It's seems to be getting worse, it was fine when I first got it. This also happens on the lock screen. Anyone else noticed this on their device?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikepic

mikepic Well-Known Member

Could be one or several of many different problems. Live wallpaper, a misbehaving app, a custom launcher that hasn't been updated for ICS or the GS3, or even too many widgets slowing you down.

This phone is a beast and really should be able to run through the paces with some widgets and/or a live wallpaper. That said, my first step would be to update all your apps. Maybe you have one or a couple that have corrected an issue with the GS3 and you haven't updated it yet.

Next I'd try either taking down the live wallpaper or custom launcher -- if you have either. After all of the above try rebooting the phone and see if that makes any difference.

If none of that helps with your sluggish UI then I'd say you may have a lemon. It happens, a friend of mine at work was showing me hers today. Her phone ran well, probably as good as any non-galaxy s3, but side-by-side next to mine there was a difference. She called up Verizon and they're sending her a new one.

GL

3. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

I turned off the S Voice feature and that helped a bunch right there because when you press the home button to go home, it isn't waiting to see if you're going to press it twice. Other than that, my experience tells me that lagging probably has to do with an app you're using. I have live wall paper and several widgets running but no real problems. "Most" of the time, you run into problems when you start using non-stock wallpaper and such so you have to be very careful about that. It isn't like Apple or even Windows Phone where they strictly control the apps. Anyone can put apps up there so obviously you get all kinds. You have to be selective.

4. CafeKampuchia

CafeKampuchia Android Expert

I've had my i9300 for a month and the only time it lags is when Power saving is enabled.

5. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset and it was like the phone was brand new again. Obviously had to redownload my apps etc

6. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

Which pretty much proves it was an app so go a little slower reinstalling them so you can determine the culprit

7. kurtyyyyyy

kurtyyyyyy Well-Known Member

I think youre confused :p Im not the OP

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews