1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

s3 to bose soundtouch airplay

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    samsung s3 to bose soundtouch how do i stream my music

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    mikedt likes this.
  3. David Dan

David Dan Lurker
    None

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Hi,

i have the same issue. i bought the SoundTouch 20 and it is the most expensive brick i bought in my life... the internal radio stations it has are very limited (and does not include my favorites) you can use Spotify which is not supported in my country and the only way to stream music is using Airplay. i still try to find a working Airplay for Android which will not require to be rooted (as my secure email app will stop working)

to make a long story short. don't buy any Bose SoundTouch !!!! it is a scam!!! they should put a warning on the box that it will not work unless you are an apple addict.

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    "Designed for iPhone", "Works with iPad".

BOSE: Better Off Somewhere Else
    BOSE: Buy Other Sound Equipment

IMO

It's because it uses Airplay, which is Apple proprietary. Better off with a speaker that uses Bluetooth, because that should work with very much anything. Try to use it with your Samsung or something, yeh, it's basically a $500 brick.

"Just updated after two months of not being able to use AirPlay. Updated both my systems and now nothing!!! It bounces on and off the network only being visible for a few seconds at a time. AirPlay does not work app does not work. Tried everything reset all systems and installed app. Still nothing. Both my systems are now paper weights. How does it take eight weeks to update to complete useless!!! Might as well pull the power out at this point as they are useless.

Do not, I repeat do not buy this soundtouch system. I will be calling my credit card company to try and utilize my extended warranty for the first time ever. Sadly bose promised a fix was soon(last month) and to my ignorance I held out hope. This system is total trash."

... that was an iOS review, that was on the front of iTunes for the SoundTouch app... :D

There's only one Bose product I like...

bose.jpg

#4 mikedt, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015