1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S3 Turns off on its own.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sibex, Jan 14, 2013.

1. sibex

sibex Lurker
    None

Jul 11, 2012
    Hi all,

There are similar older threads on this but no resolution so thought I would see if others are still having the same issue.

I am with Orange in the UK and have had my S3 for about 6 months. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I picked my phone up and saw that it had powered off. The only way I could get it back on was to remove the battery, put it back in and restart.

This has continued to happen about twice a week.

I have no bloatware, no task killers and no other "dodgy" software. All the apps I have are the normal run of the mill ones.

The RAM is never maxed out and I dont have hundreds of apps.

The phone has not been rooted and is still running ICS.

If anyone has experienced similar, I would like to know if you managed to sort it.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I had this issue with an older phone. What I did was first power it off completely. Then remove the battery. Clean the battery contacts on both the battery and the phone. Then put the battery back in and power it back on.

3. Grrman

Grrman Guest
    None
    Had a similar problem on/off since I got the fone last july (2012). Didn't shut off as much as you describe, but every now and then. Same set up as you describe, ICS, not rooted. Had a tech run a full set of diagnostics, but everything checked out fine.

Never did find the cause, and it still shuts off once and a while, but not all that frequently.