1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 update problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Togekiss, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

hello!!!!!!!!!

my friend updated her s3 and after it, she didnt get multi window? she also check above like the one where you slide your finger...

oh and her carrier is wind mobile while mine is rogers, does that affect it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yesevil

Yesevil Android Enthusiast

Your carrier shouldnt affect whether you get the multi-window on the update or not, as multi-window is a software upgrade and nothing to do with the carrier (i think - I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

What version is she now running, it should be 4.1.2?
    She may need to add multo window to the slide down panel by going into home screen in the settings menu.

3. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

she did do the slide down panel thing but she told me that she doesnt have it :(

edit: she just told me that it was 4.1 and now its 4.2 something

4. Yesevil

Tell her to go to Settings>Display>Notification panel In there you can add and remove buttons for the slide down menu, tell her to look there and if shes on the latest version it should be there.

5. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

both of us updated it on kies... and she showed me that she got the "latest", same thing with mine

6. Yesevil

Just to make sure, go to Settings>About Device and check what version numbers are on both phones.

Some carriers release updates at different times, so where you have the latest update, your friend may only have the latest update for her carrier, which may not yet be the actual "latest" version.

Hope that makes sense

7. Togekiss

Togekiss Newbie

oh um she said its still 4.1.1 after the update and so it really depends on what carrier? :(

funkylogik likes this.
  8. Yesevil

Her phone will get the multi window function, but only when her carrier has rolled out the 4.1.2 update.
    I suppose in a way it is carrier specific, but inly as far as length of time to get the update is concerned. She will get the feature.

9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

The carriers roll out updates at different times and they can include or exclude new features if they want :( multiwindow came with 4.1.2 for most people.
    P.s, long-press the "back" soft button to show/hide the multiwindow bar. Root the phone to be able to multiwindow ANY app :thumbup:

10. MasterCylinder

MasterCylinder Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, this last MD3/MF1 update has been a Verizon update.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews