• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 3G issue

Hi guys.

I have a factory unlocked S4... But when ever I loose network coverage and when the network comes back on the phone it stays on E - which is very slow, so I have to manually go and search this to find 3G... Or even if the phone has been on wifi all day in work and when I leave the office, it will stay on E until I manually search... I thought a phone as new as this would have the technology to manually select 3G when it was available, is there a setting I have missed? I was even considering sending it up to head office and getting the particular network settings applied onto the phone. Its just more annoying than anything, I would have to manually search a few times a day to get the network... I had a network unlocked S3 and never had this problem.

Hope you can help.
Kayleigh :)

It's either your network provider or the device itself.

I can't say I share the sentiment at all. My network switch is super swift. The moment I turn off the wifi, it instantly jumps on LTE or 3G. All my network preferences are set to AUTO Connect.

I have to say the same for my S3, Note 2 and S4. In fact, because of your post I actually had to look for the network settings to clarify. I have never had to open it once before.

On one or two occasions, I lost the network after coming out of the lift, and it wouldn't update showing no signal, but turning flight mode on and off fixes that instantly. But then again, happened maybe 3 times max in the past two years of using galaxies.

I would take it back and complain. Let them sort it out or at least replace the unit if there is still chance. Normally the AUTO setting should be more than sufficient. It could be your telco custom firmware that messes it up.

sorry can't be of more help, only to reconfirm with you, that this is not generic problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones