• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S4 Active ROOT achieved by famed hacker Geohot!

1080p

Android Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2009

Attachments

• rooted_s4active.jpg
    rooted_s4active.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 179
  • shell_s4active.jpg
    shell_s4active.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 142
Im glad that there is root for this device. I am happy for all the people that own this device that will eventually obtain root. Now my issue is geohot. He shouldn''t be labled as an "infamous PS3 hacker." The jailbreak he created on PS3 was using the key flaw Fail Overflow found. His so called jailbreak wasn't his own work ;)

Good luck to all you S4 active owners in all of your endeavors. Just dont put too much faith into Egohot

Upvote 0
Im glad that there is root for this device. I am happy for all the people that own this device that will eventually obtain root. Now my issue is geohot. He shouldn''t be labled as an "infamous PS3 hacker." The jailbreak he created on PS3 was using the key flaw Fail Overflow found. His so called jailbreak wasn't his own work ;)

Good luck to all you S4 active owners in all of your endeavors. Just dont put too much faith into Egohot

I really don't care how he does his work. But that doesn't mean he isn't infamous. He has been in the news. He has gotten into trouble for some of his stuff. Oh and look:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 6.24.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 6.24.39 AM.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 184
Upvote 0
Not worth the time or energy to point out the things wrong with your post. Happy for everyone that owns this device that has root now :)

geohot.com/activeroot

One thing I will say to the op

1080p said:
I really don't care how he does his work
So lets say you release something great onto the world and I take it, use it and get all the credit without ever mentioning you that is ok? As I said this isnt a PS3 board and I am going to avoid the fanboy flame fight that this could potentially turn out to be but your views are seriously F*CKED.

Also let me look at the definition that you so kindly left me :) Well I have looked at it (good to see I am in grade school English class again) and you know what I see..... a misuse of a word that you have to throw in people's faces like they dont know English. Famous maybe (he wouldn't have it any other way) but infamous.... hell no.

Taken from his own site: "no warranty expressed or implied
my first android root
not my vuln
with love for reactions"

not my vuln? Big shocker there LOL. It isn't his work as usual. Also no credit given at all to the person that did find the vulnerability/exploit. Even if the person wanted to remain anonymous it still proves my point. He could've given credit to anon but no.... "not my vuln".... LOL of course it isnt

Reactions: barrysuperhawk
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones