• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 automatically turns off mobile data when phone locked

ppoon

Lurker
Jul 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I own an S4 and I have a problem where the mobile data automatically turns off when the phone is locked so I often do not receive emails, whatsapp messages, and others as soon as they are sent. I only receive them when I unlock my phone and I see that the data package is only turned on then. I would like the mobile data to be turned on at all times even if it consumes more battery so I receive messages instantly, and I was wondering whether I could do that. Would be great if you guys can give any advice. Thanks!

PP

Did you turn on power saver in the settings? Activating that or installing battery savers turn off data when phone locks to conserve power. Basically you have to choose between longer battery life or receiving emails and internet messages on time.

I have power saving enabled on my GS4 and still get alerts on inbound mail, text msgs, etc.

Are you sure about this?

I used to use JD on my S720C and learned a lot about what works and doesn't work when the 3g radio is disabled! I learned to let JD manage wifi and left 3g enabled. With the GS4, I haven't bothered with a battery saving app.

Upvote 0
I have power saving enabled on my GS4 and still get alerts on inbound mail, text msgs, etc.

Are you sure about this?

I used to use JD on my S720C and learned a lot about what works and doesn't work when the 3g radio is disabled! I learned to let JD manage wifi and left 3g enabled. With the GS4, I haven't bothered with a battery saving app.

Thats what thebpower saving did on my Tab when I first got it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones