• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S4 battery swelling issue in India

Sir i have buyed Samsung Galaxy S4 here from Ujjain, MP
But from last 10 days i am facing Battery Issues , By Battery is Swollen and when i went to customer care they said its due to Overcharging and u have to buy a new battery which will cost be around 2300.
But most of us are facing same issue here in India ..
Samsung has already started battery changing program in Germany but what about India .?
Pls reply..
Thank U

Ayush Mandloi

Welcome to our AndroidForums, Ayush Mandloi :).

Wow, a swollen battery sounds like a dangerous thing (it could overheat or split-open, etc.--none of that would be good :eek:).

I don't understand why the support folks at customer care would tell you it's an over-charging issue since the batteries are supposed to have circuits in them to keep you from over-charging.

Certainly you need a new battery whether Samsung replaces it or not...it probably is swelling-up because of the heat or other issues and you should try to get it replaced as soon as possible.

Best of luck and I hope you get this sorted.

Reactions: Ayush Mandloi
Upvote 0
Hi Ayush, and welcome to AF,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues. Unfortunately this is just a discussion forum for android users, and while we can give suggestions we have no influence with Samsung (or Google, or any other android manufacturer).

I would certainly argue with them that Samsung in Germany have acknowledged that this is a fault, and their claim of overcharging is implausible (and since it's the phone that controls the charging, if they say it's being overcharged are they saying that the phone is faulty? ;)). Here in the UK I would know what consumer laws applied, which legal procedures I could use to enforce them, or even which media outlets could be used to raise publicity (bad publicity can make companies more responsive), but I do not know what legal protections you have in India.

One piece of advice I can give: do not use a battery which is swelling. They are dangerous.

Upvote 0
[FONT=&quot]I had a problem with my Samsung Galaxy S4 (GTI9500) battery (Swelling, Drain & Heating) and unable to switch on the phone and use it as it used to switch off and reboot and heat up. So I visited Samsung Service Centre in Ahmedabad, (Premium Services) on 29 November 2013.

The customer care representative offered to replace my battery as its serial number was in the list of defective manufacturing list. They promised to replace my battery within 2 days as they had to order it. (God knows from where!)

I've been continuously following up until today, 04 December 2013 and have not received my battery replacement yet. The customer care centre executive said they are helpless. It is ridiculous that Samsung does not have adequate stock for replacements and cannot replace a faulty battery at the counter!

As a customer I have suffered a great loss at work as I do not have a spare phone and it

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones