1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S4 Broken LCD :(

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NaNaNiii, Dec 10, 2013.

1. NaNaNiii

NaNaNiii Newbie

My S4 dropped from my trouser pocket and fell face first onto our laminate wood flooring. I assumed everything was fine but when i tried using the phone, you screen stayed black white a few outlined light marks. Upon closer inspection on the phone, you can a crack under the glass where the LCD has smashed from. It seems rather strange that LCD beneath the glass has broken although the glass is fine. I've seen people with totally smashed screens still being able to use their phones but i'm guessing im one of the unlucky ones :( been quoted

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Typically even if you damage your phone and have insurance you still need to pay a deductible around 150$ which really stinks.

Did you have insurance on yours?

3. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

I don't think anything hit the screen and broke it without damaging the glass, I think the shock of hitting the floor is what broke the innards of the LCD.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews