1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S4 browser issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nicksender, Dec 18, 2013.

1. nicksender

nicksender Newbie

Hello,

I recently purchased an brand new S4 off e-bay for use on Verizon. I have updated to the latest software 4.3.

I love the phone so far but have a concerning issue.

When using the stock browser for about 15 minutes I have problems with the screen freezing up and locking. When I try to switch bookmarks it won't even go to another site. The phone also dims in the browser even though all auto screen options are off, and the phone gets fairly warm.

The last two I can deal with; but the first is a problem

Can anyone suggest if this is software or hardware related and maybe how to remedy this. I can't swap to another phone even if it is a hardware issue.

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Goodspike

Goodspike Android Expert

I much prefer the Chrome Browser, but that's because I primarily use Chrome on the desktop and it syncs the "Bookmarks Bar" shortcuts and has a separate area for mobile shortcuts. I understand Firefox also syncs shortcuts.

3. nicksender

nicksender Newbie

Thanks; I'll give another browser a try and see if that solves my freezing/lock issues?

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews