1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s4 does not recognize any mp3's i put in notification folder!! Please HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eastaqarqtf, Dec 14, 2013.

1. eastaqarqtf

eastaqarqtf Newbie

Im trying to change my message notification. I put very short mp3's in the Phone>Notifications folder. I have 10 of them in there. When i got to my messaging settings and to ringtone, all thats listed is the stock notifications. I tried deleting the notifications folder and create it again, that does not work either. Also, all the music i put in my Phone>Music folder, does not show up under google play music app. Please help! Ive looked allover the internet for an answer and cannot imagine im the only one with this problem!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

You need an ".OGG" file for a notification sound.

3. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast

Mp3 works just fine. It's just a matter of right bitrate.

That's because S4 supports fairly wide range of mp3 types and getting them not to work it's quire hard :) You just so happen use one that it's not saved in compatible format.

For test purpose, I suggest you visit Notification Sounds - Download free ringtones, notification sounds, message tones and more

Download any of the notifications sounds and see if you can use them.
    If they work without problem, then you know that the issue is strictly related to your MP3 file.

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female

They should be showing up. Did you create a folder named Phone with a subfolder named Notifications? Just want to be sure since you said Phone > Notifications. If that's what you did, remove the Phone folder and just make the Notifications folder with your mp3s in there.

I've also seen some people report that when they put Notifications/Alarms/Ringtones on the MicroSD that they could not get them to show up. They show up fine on mine though.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews