1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S4 freezes after full charge

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WonderFull, Jul 30, 2013.

1. WonderFull

WonderFull Member
    None

Apr 4, 2012
    Male
    Bahrain
    i normally put the phone to charge overnight. I noticed since last few days once it is fully charged and i take it off the charger the charging light continues to remain green and if i press the power button or menu button it takes around 1 minute to wake up. Also today i noticed that if i did not switch on the phone the green indicator light remained green for around 4-5 minutes. Is it normal and if any one else is also facing the same problem. Other than this i don't have any problem with the phone other than already known issues. I've not rooted the phone and all latest updates are applied. I've an i9500.

Advertisement

2. allanlaw

allanlaw Android Enthusiast

Nov 12, 2009
    Los Angeles, California
    Mine (Verizon SCH1545 model) started down this road after the ME7 update, doing it sometimes, then doing it after only a few minutes of full charge during the day. I would describe the condition as a "soft-brick," since it would not respond to any of the buttons, but needed to have a battery pull to get going again. I brought it back and got a new one, which works fine so far. My suggestion is to NOT leave it charging overnight, and see what happens.