• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S4 heats up while on gaming and video call

I am now waiting for a poster saying their S4 never gets hot, which means little to no 3D gaming, video streaming with 4G, or GPS navigation. The magic pixie dust is STRONG with this device. Kind of like folks with the iPhone 4s and 5 saying theirs do not ever get hot and those things can get as hot as a device can without morphing into all glass. An overstatement, but fitting.

Upvote 0
I am now waiting for a poster saying their S4 never gets hot, which means little to no 3D gaming, video streaming with 4G, or GPS navigation. The magic pixie dust is STRONG with this device. Kind of like folks with the iPhone 4s and 5 saying theirs do not ever get hot and those things can get as hot as a device can without morphing into all glass. An overstatement, but fitting.

It will probably happen.

Upvote 0
But I'm not really sure. I came from s2 international version and rooted phone. But ot doesnt get hot like my s4 now. Me and wife got s4 samething happened gets hot. So maybe its normal for s4.mine is rooted and hers is not yet.

Does your S2 have a quad core CPU? Does it score as high in benchmarks? Well, it has nowhere near the CPU power S4 has so it does not heat up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones