1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

s4 keeps rebooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuck6961, Oct 22, 2014.

1. chuck6961

chuck6961 Newbie

after the latest update today. my phone radonmly reboots??? Anybody got a fix not rooted.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. diamondroad

diamondroad Lurker

I'm having the same issue after the latest software update (performed on 10/25). Verizon support wants me to do a factory reset. Can't be just us...

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

I've found that it is usually a good idea to do a factory reset after a major firmware update. Yep, its a PITA to reload everything, but the performance of the device afterwards is usually worth the trouble.

4. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

Before embarking on a Factory data Reset, I would recommend that you first try wiping the cache partition as detailed in #1.2 of the Update Problems - Dummies Guide

5. silverfang77

silverfang77 Well-Known Member

A factory data reset didn't help me. I ended up using Odin 3.09 to flash back to the previous OS version.

6. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

It's the Knox apps that causes the reboots. Two things to do about it and you need to be rooted for either.
    1) download Xposed Installer and install Samsung Kitkat SystemServer Crash Fix module. This will stop the crash when it happens and it won't reboot.
    2) Use Titanium Backup or similar app and uninstall the seven Knox apk and the com.sec.enterprise.knox.......

gma2566 likes this.
  7. skymann

skymann Lurker

No Root phone

Wiped cache: No Joy
    Verizon said to go to BestBuy Samsung Experience have them reflash: No Joy
    Odin 3 back to VRUFNC5 No Wipe: OS crashed
    Odin 3 back to VRUFNC5 - Wipe: All good
    Install VRUFNC6 over the air: All good (except for the normal update pains)

I did not try a factory reset since some reported that did not work. The reboots are gone and the normal update problems are being dealt with. I used Helium (carbon) backup /restore which worked well except setting up my POP3 accounts. All back to working.

8. Colchicine

Colchicine Android Expert

After the update, my phone has turned off spontaneously twice. Today, it shut down and when I rebooted, the battery was at 1%. It was not hot. Android System consumed 76% of the battery.

Despite trying multiple times, I was unable to get into the Recover Mode to wipe the cache partition.

Verizon S4, unrooted.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews