1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S4 lots of texting issues!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Queezle717, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Queezle717

Queezle717 Lurker
    None

Jan 6, 2015
    Female
    Hi All, I'm Queezle - hope I can find some help!

I am using a Verizon brand S4 on AT&T, runnng 4.4.2. I'm hoping the VZ phone on ATT isn't the root of the problem, so trying to troubleshoot everything else. I have not ever had an iPhone or used iMessaging. I am using the stock messaging app. I would prefer to not use a third party messaging app to avoid this problem, I want to fix the problem.

My first problem is that I am receiving picture texts as group messages. I am the only intended recipient. This always creates a separate, new message thread between myself and the sender from the one we have been texting in. Is there a way to receive pictures in the same "original" thread? (So I don't have to go back and forth from thread to thread to send and receive messages. I want them streamlined.)

Next: For any group message I receive or send (including the above mentioned picture texts which ARE NOT supposed to be group messages) I can see myself as a recipient along with the other people. When I reply to the group message, I receive a text from myself. Why? How do I make it stop? This occurs regardless of replying under the "Group" or "Individual" tab. (When using the group, the message I receive from myself stays in the group thread; when using the individual, the message I receive from myself goes to a separate thread I share with myself. Very annoying.)

Lastly, I am unable to send picture texts. This is for both camera shots and screen shots. A few days ago I cleared the messaging app data and this resolved the problem, however reset all default settings. Unfortunately I am experiencing the problem again and clearing the data did not help this time. I have tried sending messages with Wi-Fi on and off, no effect. I get the circling "sending" for a good 10-15 minutes, then it eventually fails.

Again, I don't really want to use a third party app to achieve what I should be able to do in the stock messaging app. My old S3 never presented either of these issues in the stock app.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Advertisement