1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S4 mini Battery Problems Solved

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mdawdy, Sep 25, 2014.

1. mdawdy

mdawdy Member

Looks like the battery problems are gone, at least for me and my SGH-i257M, Canadian, Rogers. I got a full 7 days from my last charge. I used to get 2 or 3 days.

I use it as a simple phone with perhaps a few calls each day. Occasionally, but not every day, i use the internet to check weather, do a search or find a location.

Not rooted. KitKat 4.4.2

Battery Doctor with most automatic options disabled. Location, BlueTooth, MobileData and Wi-Fi are turned OFF unless i am explicitly using them. Updates only by Wi-Fi which i turn on occasionally.

I have disabled all but a few of the built-in Apps as recommended by the CleanMaster AppManager, only keeping the ones that i need.

I have a 12000 mAh PoweRocks for trips where no plug-in is available. I get 5 charges from it before it needs to be re-charged. It needs about 12 hours plugged in to recharge. So i should be good for the best part of 6 weeks away from a plug-in.

Apps: NoWallPaper, BatteryDoctor, CleanMaster, S Planner, SmoothCalendar, TWN, CMBrowser, Banking, MyRogers, TapaTalk

Mick

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. marflo

marflo Member

I got a battery 3800mAh with a back cover to adapt the new battery that is almost twice as thick as the original one. Now my s4 mini last all day long i have to charge only overnight. Best of luck.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews