1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S4 Mini - general questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by programm, Dec 30, 2013.

1. programm

programm Newbie

I have S4 mini and I dislike that when I'm viewing a gallery for example, when the touch screen turns off (sleeps), I have to press some key to wake it up to display the gallery I was viewing. Usually only Home wakes it up and that means that every time when my screen turns off I have to go Home then browse to the gallery again... is there a way (change the key) with which you can wake up and make the display show what you're currently viewing without having to use the Home button?

And a 2nd question, in Camera mode how can I disable the sound that the phone makes when you take a picture/start recording a clip? I tried to look for sounds when taking pictures but I found no such option for the sound of the camera.

2. programm

programm Newbie

The answer to the first is - the Power button can do that, pressing it once quickly, not continuously.

I still want to know - how can I disable the clicking sound effect when you take a picture with the camera? I dislike any sounds on any devices making sounds when you take pictures...

A 3rd question (NEW) - does changing the sim card reset your settings on the phone and make you lose contacts? I specially selected contacts to be on the phone memory not the sim card.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini release date was July 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 1900mAh battery.

July 2013
Release Date
Reviews