• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S4 move apps to sdcard update

i know the updated isnt out yet here in the states but do have a question about this.

i came from a Droid Charge and had a ton of apps and stuff on my SD Card...Now, with the same sd card put in my S4...none of the stuff is available....will i be able to use the appz once the update comes out?

and how can i view what is currently on the sd card as of now?

Upvote 0
i know the updated isnt out yet here in the states but do have a question about this.

i came from a Droid Charge and had a ton of apps and stuff on my SD Card...Now, with the same sd card put in my S4...none of the stuff is available....will i be able to use the appz once the update comes out?

Will not work on any phone like that.

Upvote 0

You should be able to view what is on your sd card (even if it is from the Droid Charge). Don't expect the apps (from your droid charge) to work that way though - you will need to install the apps onto your s4 instead.
Use a file explorer (I use ES file explorer - there are several other options available too)

Upvote 0
You should be able to view what is on your sd card (even if it is from the Droid Charge). Don't expect the apps (from your droid charge) to work that way though - you will need to install the apps onto your s4 instead.
Use a file explorer (I use ES file explorer - there are several other options available too)

wait, so the apps wont work at all on the sd card even with the update???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones