1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support S4 not charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheRichMan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. TheRichMan

TheRichMan New Member

Oct 23, 2013
    My phone ran out of battery today and when i plugged it in, the phone is just not charging. Its not buzzing, it buzzed once the first time i plugged it in, and now after 4 hours its done absolutely nothing except sit there plugged in. There is just no juice getting to the battery it seems. I tried my parents chargers and they wouldn't work either. Should I try to get my battery replaced or does anyone else have a suggestion? Thanks for the help!

Advertisement

2. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you might have had a defective battery. Usually, if leaving it plugged in for a few hours doesn't jump start it, it's time to look at getting a new battery :( Sorry!

3. jamjr74

jamjr74 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    MA
    Have u tried a different charger?

4. TheRichMan

TheRichMan New Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Thanks for the reply! I just tried it again and its working! Im not sure what that episode was about but it was just simply not charging and now it randomly is. I still might get a new battery as that was very annoying but it could also be the charging port I guess.

5. GuitarG20

GuitarG20 Clueless Senior Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Male
    Texas
    Sometimes it's simply a function of leaving the phone plugged in long enough. Something weird happens with batteries when they almost fully discharge (I'm no electrical engineer so I don't know how it works) but more often then not leaving them plugged in for a long time will make them start to work again.