• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 not completely pairing with car's Bluetooth

mjcramden

Lurker
Jul 13, 2012
Hi All. I've been a long time reader but this is my first post.

I just picked up my AT&T version of the S4 yesterday and am having a bit of trouble pairing it with my 2010 Toyota Venza via Bluetooth. The S4 pairs fine with multi-media so that I'm able to stream music but the phone won't pair and I'm unable to place or receive calls. The system worked flawlessly with my S3 and my S2 prior to that so I'm a bit stumped. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy 4th!

Hi All. I've been a long time reader but this is my first post.

I just picked up my AT&T version of the S4 yesterday and am having a bit of trouble pairing it with my 2010 Toyota Venza via Bluetooth. The S4 pairs fine with multi-media so that I'm able to stream music but the phone won't pair and I'm unable to place or receive calls. The system worked flawlessly with my S3 and my S2 prior to that so I'm a bit stumped. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Happy 4th!

I have a BMW. I know that a frequent problem with pairing with Sammy phones is junk in the address field, particularly from gmail contacts. That screws up the address book transfer, which can have all sorts of side effects.

S4 does work flawlessly in my car, however.

Upvote 0
OK, finally got it paired. I had to remove the multimedia pairing through the cars multimedia setup feature then re-pair it through the cars phone set up. For some reason when I connected though multimedia first it wouldn't pair with the phone.

Same thing happens with my Kenwood DNX-9990HD. I don't think the problem is particular to this phone model.

Upvote 0
I have a clarion and my s4 will not completely pair with my Clarion CX501. I can pair it to phone and media auto but no matter what I do with the Bluetooth settings I cannot get it to auto connect media audio on the Bluetooth. Only phone audio. I have to manually connect media audio under bluettooth if I want to play music from my phone through my clarion.

Giant pain in the ass. I'm really close to exchange it for a Lumia 928 and giving windows phone a try.

By the way my Motorola droid maxx work flawlessly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones