• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 screenshot not working??

I have been having the same screenshot issues with my S4Active ever since getting it. It works like a charm about once out of every fifty times. The other 49, I can palm swipe, power+home, and dance circles around it and it won't do a thing. I have motions active, I am touching my palm (heck, just tried to recalibrate and it would not even do the test-screenshot when I did that). I have, quite literally, spent 30 minutes on a stairclimber trying to do a screenshot the entire time.

I have tried to restart the phone and re-attempt the screenshot. Same thing applies.

Any other suggestions? Is there something else that can be calibrated?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: teakietot
Upvote 0
Don't know why power/home didn't work. It does tend to be a little sensitive to technique/timing.

If you are rooted, think about installing xposed framework. Then install the xblast module and you can either
1-create status bar gesture to initiate screen shot.
2-enable advanced power button menu including screenshot

The first is still a little sensitive to timing.

The second takes a little longer but works every time

There are a lot of other useful things on xposed, including xblast and wanam and xuimod. Check out the developer of any module carefully because xposed may open some security doors

Reactions: salgal1313
Upvote 0
I am not rooted, so out of luck there. Maybe one day I will get smart and root my phone :)

I have tried to do the home+power button with the case on or off, and the situation is the same. It is strange the way that it refuses to screenshot. I had the S2 previous to this, so I know how to do it...it just is not working. One day...one day...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones