• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 SGH-I337 16GB AT&T - WHY no wi-fi?

Airbender

Lurker
Jan 28, 2010
Recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337 16GB AT&T refurbished thru an ebay reseller.

Everything seems to work correctly on the device.

I have purchased service through Ultra mobile ($20 month for unlimited calls and texts) and can successfully make and receive calls and texts.

Problem - I cannot seem to get the Wi-fi to turn on whatsoever. When I initially performed the the set-up, it asked for my home wi-fi and login password.

I have an S3 and S5, and am quite familiar with the menus. When I drag down the top menu, the Wi-fi is green, but a darker green than the sound, GPS, screen rotation, and bluetooth icons.

When I try to access the wi-fi through the settings menu, it does not allow me to move the slider - everything is "grayed" out.

The device currently has the 4.4.2 ver of android. I have not rooted the device.

Went to the Ultra mobile website for the data setup help, but it just kept taking me around in circles when I tried to identify the phone model and manufacturer - no luck there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones