• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s4 vs. SIII (Verizon)

Adara

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2009
Hi all.

OK, I'm about two weeks from my upgrade date on Verizon, so the S4 is certainly an option for me. As is the SIII.

I'm currently on a RAZR MAXX (which wasn't my idea -- they gave it to me after they got sick of replacing my Bionic. I find the RAZR MAXX stable, but boring, if that makes any sense at all).

I've been coveting the SIII for what seems like ages now, and the imminent release of the S4 has certainly made me rethink my plans to acquire the SIII.

However, near as I can tell, although the S4 is newer and shinier and has better innards than the SIII, the biggest differences relate to the camera (which doesn't matter to me), the ability to act as a remote control (possibly of some minor use), and the ability to use the phone while eating without having to wipe my hands first. None of these look to be major.

While I do have some level of concern that VZW would stop pushing android updates to the SIII within the next two years (with which I'll be stuck with my next purchase), I am heartened by the fact that the damn thing is so popular, there'd probably be a revolt if they stopped. (If the Bionic/RAZR MAXX fiasco taught me anything, it's that Verizon doesn't give a crap about supporting its unpopular phones.)

So, S4 peeps, ... could you be so kind as to either talk me into this phone or save me $100? :)

yea, if you have an upgrade and are able to get it at a subsidized price, the s4 is definitely the way to go. the s3 is just a small upgrade over the razr maxx. the biggest upgrade from the s3 to the s4 for me was the build quality, the buttons are more tactile and feel better, the whole phone feels better put together. if you were coming from an older phone i may recommend the s3, but not in this particular situation

Reactions: Adara
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones