• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S4 with 4.4.2 deleted camera file help please.

DeanAndrew

Lurker
Feb 27, 2016
Hi all, I'm a bit(a ship load) annoyed(postal) at myself as I have accidentally deleted over 1000 photos in my camera file after I highlighted what I thought was 1 photo to delete, only to shortly after realise that it was the entire camera album that I deleted!!!

I have been told that there is recovery software that can help me retrieve the photo files but I need to root my phone to use the app.

I have no issue with doing this, with the exception of not being able to find a suitable way of rooting my phone. I've been on youtube and tried a few different ways and each time I get no where with my efforts.

Could any and all extremely clever and helpful tech-heads give dumb-ass me some help please?

Should be able to root an i9506 S4, it's not a Verizon version or anything like that. What rooting methods or directions have you tried? Although to actually recover deleted pictures from an internal EXT4 partition might be very difficult. Consumer software like Recuva are designed to work with FAT32 formatted SDs etc. when connected directly to a PC. Might have to go to a forensic lab, extremely expensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones