• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jconway23

Nov 3, 2012
Hey All,

Anyone else experiencing GPS issues. I'd say since this past weekend my GPS is constantly looking for location. I can be in the middle of a field with clear blue skies and it still does it. I only noticed it cause my battery is draining rather fast.

I'm thinking an app update of some sort took place but I don't really know what one it could be. Any ideas on how to stop this.

The gps lost its' ephemeris, there is an app that I really like because it will update the ephemeris in seconds.

GPS Status

It logs into a server somewhere, NASA? and downloads the current ephemeris and then finds the satellites in about 5 seconds.

End of search.

* GPS Status & Toolbox - Android Apps on Google Play

forgot to mention, for gps status to work, you must have an internet connection. WiFi or the DATA turned ON.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones