1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S5 battery life dying quickly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by AFCBrady12, Nov 5, 2014.

1. AFCBrady12

AFCBrady12 Lurker

My S5 from T-Mobile is having some issues.

I've had this phone for less than 8 months and the last few months I've noticed the battery life has really been dying at a fast rate.

Before canceling service with T-Mobile, this phone's battery life was impeccable. I could go 16 hours with 35% left, before charging.

Now, within an hour it is down to 79%. I don't have many apps downloaded and the screen brightness is on medium high, but even lowered it still dies quickly.

It's been dropped a total of 4 times, so I may assume that's what's causing the problem?

I'm still within my 1-year warranty, though.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast

you can have it check to be sure. . .

3. Devendra95

Devendra95 Well-Known Member

i have the same issue and i got my s5 less than a week ago. i think its android 4.4.2 because ive read that 4.4.4 fixes major problems but tmobile didnt push it as yet. Verizon and sprint already have it on their s5. And the s4 from tmobile has it. strange, but just keep your fingers crossed that they release it this month

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews