• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 Did a redirect [I assume] to a animated popup.Then 2or 3 sec later another different popup but se

M

MUTDOGY

Hi my previous question is { have a problem with a popup} MUTDOGY. Verizon is my phone co.I have a S 5 The problem is On a google chrome search for security packages for both android and pc ,I was looking at Kaspersky and Bitdefender . On google chrome( which I've used no problem for many years) ,I was doing the searches and had just finished one site and did the back button lower right hand corner of the phone and now I'm looking at the searches page and I clicked on the next search below the previous one and instead of the page opening up, a popup came up [sexually animated cartoon thing} that disappeared after a few seconds 2/3 maybe and then a settings type popup then appeared and wanted the user to do something .I had already realized I'd been hacked so I power down the phone and then powered it back up and called Verizon.I asked for tier 2 tech support. They weren't any help . More customer service answers than tier 2 tech support answers .So 3 to 4 hours later a tier 2 Tech gal listened to me and instructed me to go open up chrome and click on the 3 dots upper R hand corner of page and then was going to instruct me to delete that stuff who I thought was the hackers stuff . There were multiple letter number looking phrases and I told her .Hey theirs the hackers name [ adctrackers ] or who I assumed to be it .But I didn't want to delete them until I could show it to someone at a Verizon store .I didn't want to destroy evidence. And anyways this was some 3 or 4 hours later from when it happened and they had already taken everything anyways . Now I'm reaching out to the support community to find relative answers .A GENTLEMAN SUGGESTED AN AD BLOCKER But I don't think THIS IS THAT .I've never had any problems in 3 to 5 years worth of use .No popups ever. This is far more of a problem potentially than that .Or I assume it is ? Thanks for any and all help I really appreciate it . Thanks MW

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones