• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 Firmware upgrade/ Bootloop

bkyz

Lurker
Feb 28, 2017
Hi,
I have S5-SM-g906k ( Korean version ) , Bought it online and after an update it went to boot loop. The only option after the restart that works is ( power + down + home ) key for firmware update mode. I have downloaded all the 20 firmware for G906 available on SamMobiles . After each update I do get the message " All Thread completed ( succeed 1 / failed 0 ), but none of the firmware update is working for me as the phones after the auto restart goes back to boot loop. This is also same when i tried Kies to update the firmware. I have also checked the IMEI number and the phone is not blacklisted ( thought i would check as on another blog i was being asked this question )

I have even taken it to Samsung shop but the answer was " we only deal with UK/European Models and don't consider any support for Korean Models. I have also taken the mobile to a local shops but they were unable to sort boot loop issue and weren't able to update the firmware.

Would anyone be able to advise how to fix this Issue .

Try flashing the latest released version which should be this
https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/118122/G906KKTU1CPL1_G906KKTC1CPL1_KTC
In Odin options, uncheck Auto Reboot. After flash is complete and successful, unplug phone and remove the battery. Wait a few minutes and replace the battery and use the button combination to boot into recovery, power + volume up and home. In recovery, preform a factory reset.
Sometimes a factory reset with the stock recovery works when nothing else will.

Upvote 0
Hi Jfalls,
I have tried as you advised. I turned off the phone, removed the battery and checked it after 10 mins. Initially the phone was stuck on samsung screen. I removed the battery again and then tried holding ( power + up + home ) key and it shows that its trying to go to recovery mode ( blue option in the left hand upper corner ) but gets in the bootloop again. Every restart shows now its trying for recovery mode but then the loop again.

Hi Iron,
I am using phone in UK and i am using a £ network SIm card.

Regads,

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones