1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S5 galaxy no SMS notification sound

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Lucy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Lucy

Lucy Guest
    None
    Hi,

I have a Samsung S5 and all my notifcations and sounds work, excpet the sound for my texts. When I get a message it only viabrates, in my settings everything is set correctly for the phone to be chimming when a text comes in. Has anyone had this before & know how to fix it?

Advertisement

2. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you!
    Administrator

Mar 26, 2008
    Androiding
    A few questions/possibilities:
    • Are you using Samsung's text messaging app or a third party app?
    • When you press the volume up or down button from the home screen, then quickly press the "gear" for settings, are all sounds turned all the way up?
    • If you go into your sound settings you can customize sounds specifically for Messaging... could you have turned off notifications for text messages accidentally?
    • Have you tried going into Settings > Applications Manager > All > Messages ... and tried clearing your cache and clearing your defaults? Be warned that "Clear data" will also erase your text messages, but it might not hurt to try that either.
    • Lastly, long shot, but is it possible you accidentally "butt dialed" and set your text message audio tone to something you don't notice or something really quiet? etc...
    No silver bullet, but would help to eliminate the above!