• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 galaxy t mobile can i use it in my metro pcs service? ?

Djsevthirty

Lurker
Dec 22, 2016
I just bought at mobile galaxy s5I can use it on my metro pcs service rt?? I have a galaxy s2 right now on metro only thing I'll probably have to buy another SIM card right because there different but other wise I should b gd rt cuz wen first got metro serv I used my galaxy s2 from tMobil and they just changed Sims just wana make sure cuz I've already bought the damm T-Mobile s5 just waitn for it to get here thanxxxx

I just bought at mobile galaxy s5I can use it on my metro pcs service rt?? I have a galaxy s2 right now on metro only thing I'll probably have to buy another SIM card right because there different but other wise I should b gd rt cuz wen first got metro serv I used my galaxy s2 from tMobil and they just changed Sims just wana make sure cuz I've already bought the damm T-Mobile s5 just waitn for it to get here thanxxxx

Hello and welcome to Android Forums Djsevthirty!

The Samsung Galaxy S5 minority variant for T-Mobile (USA), model G900T, is indeed, fully compatible with the U.S. carrier, Metro-PCS. For more information on the Galaxy S5, see 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0
thats the model i got thannxxx u very much good looks now i have sevice with metro alreay with my s2 sim cards are diffrent rt think s5 has mico sim n s2 does not n ddnt come with one just got pay for new one n the just add the watever u call number in phone to the acount n sim shud b all gd rite thanxx

Upvote 0
The T-mo and Metro S5 variants are essentially identical except for the branding. You should be good to go with a Metro SIM card ($10) and a call to Metro customer service. Worst case you *might* need to have T-mo unlock it but I'm not sure if that's necessary. This assumes it was purchased from a legit source and has a clean ESN.
One more thing, please don't use texting shorthand on the forums, it makes your posts hard to read. Thanks. ;)

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones