• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S5 General Query

Lewis92

Lurker
Sep 26, 2014
Hi all,

swapped over from Iphone to Android today, yippe.

Chose the galaxy s5 for the "amazing battery".

just a quick question on the pictures below, showing my usage and battery life, seems a bit excessive for simple googling and forum swapping?

I had ran the battery to 0, charged up to 100 and went from there.

any info would be appreciated, as im sure youve been through a million s5 related posts by now.

thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-27-01-07-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-27-01-07-29.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_2014-09-27-01-07-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-27-01-07-35.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 32
Do you have the screen brightness set to Automatic? But I would expect the battery usage to be a bit high up front, as you're learning the new phone, transferring files, setting it up, etc.

Hi there, thank you for your reply.

I set up the software updates and all the apps on the first cycle of the battery. when i ran it down to 0 and back to 100 is the screens your seeing here.

I have bluetooth and all the common battery draining issues off it seems to run low just basic web surfing.

im wondering if there are any hidden features in android, that might be draining the battery. comming from an IOS background im not really sure.

Ive heared disabling google services is good but then none of the apps work.

thank you.

Upvote 0
It would help us if you went into your battery services and tell us the top draining apps

Hi thanks for your response. Have a look at the below, I havent used the phone really at all as you can see from the screen on time. Im not sure what you mean by battery services. if you could give me a few pointers.

thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-27-21-57-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-27-21-57-46.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_2014-09-27-21-57-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-27-21-57-52.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 53
Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your response. Have a look at the below, I havent used the phone really at all as you can see from the screen on time. Im not sure what you mean by battery services. if you could give me a few pointers.

thanks.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sorry :p

Anyway, you can see that cell and wifi account for 17 percent of battery usage. If you don't need it, I would reccomend turning off data usage and wifi. You will still receive calls, and your battery will last a lot longer.

If you still have battery issues, you can always try an external app, like juice defender, GO Battery Saver, and DU battery saver.

Also, Samsung has a built in Power Saving Mode, which you can always try.

I personally use GO because I find its ability to automatically disable WiFi and Data while the phone is in sleep mode invaluable.

Hope I helped! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones