1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S5 get HOT

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lachambers1a, Nov 15, 2014.

1. lachambers1a

lachambers1a Newbie

My S5 is getting hot and can not find out why. The only suspect is when going to the Battery usage is shows Android System at a very high usage but don't know how to interpret that. I do all the obvious things like clear open tasks and open apps. Any thoughts?
    Thanks guys....

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zoxxo

zoxxo Android Enthusiast

Any chance you're using wireless (Qi) charging? I was having major heating problems when charging in the car or at home with my Qi chargers. I finally gave up and went back the regular charging and my over heating problems went away...

3. lachambers1a

lachambers1a Newbie

Thanks ZOXXO but not using that charging format. I have noticed that by turning off WIFI the issue has seemed to gone away. Not sure why but the Android System shown in the battery usage also has subsided.

4. bhl62

bhl62 Member

Every few weeks I do notice the battery runs down faster and the phone feels warm like it does when you work on it for long time. Restarting the phone gets it back to normal so it appears that some service gets stuck in a loop and eats CPU. Based on what you are seeing, it could actually be the Wifi service that gets into a funk over time.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews