1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support s5 home button not working and insufficent storage problem.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by pepiniello, May 24, 2016.

1. pepiniello

pepiniello Lurker
    May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016
    My s5 has Android 4.4.2 and it's model number is SM-G900F. It's home button as recently stopped working as in when I press the button the phone vibrates and if it's in standby (screen off) it turns it on but it dosn't actually go home and so i need to spam the back button. I have already wiped the cache in recovery mode but it didn't work.
    Problem 2: My s5 says it has 15GB of "Internal Storage" and says it has 14 GB full which is not true. My total apps+media adds up to 200MB. It tells me I have 500MB of memory left. I also have a 3GB SD card. I think it's a software problem because my "Storage" UI in the settings recently said that my 3GB SD card had 77GB full. Since I know that that is impossible, I did a factory reset. That fixed the rouge 77GB issue but the 14GB remained. Also another UI tells me that I have 1.75GB of memory. Even though I supposedly have 500mb of free storage no apps will install. Also Google Play Services generates a LOT of cached data. I mean like 5 mb evrey 10 seconds. Please help!