1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S5 Neo memory full!!!?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smurph1, Aug 8, 2017.

1. smurph1

smurph1 Android Enthusiast

My father has an S5 Neo, and has a few apps 10-15, and I have setup so that all media is saved on a media card.
    For the last 3 months he is receiving memory warning, and apps fail to update, and I keep having to delete a few less used apps, and other docs, and clear caches.
    This phone is only approx. one year old, and IMO not fit for purpose, he has much less use than more modern user, and the phone memory as sold can't seem to cope with its own system and a few apps only after some months in service?
    Anyone else experiencing similar? Any ideas how to resolve? Any advice to move forward?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. smurph1

This is now critical, we now have nearly no apps on this phone, as the system and stock apps keep updating.
    Can the update files etc somehow be found and removed?

There is nearly 500MB memory remaining, but not for the system!

How can this type of phone be sold into the market, it is totally unsuitable?!?!!

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

4. smurph1

Yes,, think i cleared cache last attempt, though remind me in case i'm doing it wrong.
    I know its 16Gb, but it sets aside small portion of that (can't recall the size) for the android operating system, and that is full.
    The internal memory has about 5Gb free (so not sure if the cache clearance will even help?).

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Try installing SD maid, that will clear out any unwanted files. 5gb is still alot of room that's empty.

6. smurph1

Yes, but the the 5Gb is not helpful, as the system & apps aren't allowed in it?!
    Will try |SD Maid.
    I have accessed App Manager and some individual Apps, and can' find/see how to move any to the SD card (typical of Samsung i think their tweak of android makes this harder to find).

7. smurph1

Tried SD MaId, then it wanted paid for to what I wanted, which i won't pay as I don't even know if it will do it (with this phone)!
    The op system is ~5.5Gb and full.
    It has the full MS Office suite, a culprit for large use of space....we should really be allowed to easily remove this nowadays, especially as I have said above...this phone is NOT fir for purpose as supplied for a 2 year contract.
    I also removed the whatsapp images & videos, not sure if it made a difference, but another popular and necessary app that should be made to work from SD.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo release date was August 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 7580 Octa processor, and 2800mAh battery.

August 2015
Release Date
Reviews