• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 Neo memory full!!!?

smurph1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 6, 2010
Northern Ireland, UK
My father has an S5 Neo, and has a few apps 10-15, and I have setup so that all media is saved on a media card.
For the last 3 months he is receiving memory warning, and apps fail to update, and I keep having to delete a few less used apps, and other docs, and clear caches.
This phone is only approx. one year old, and IMO not fit for purpose, he has much less use than more modern user, and the phone memory as sold can't seem to cope with its own system and a few apps only after some months in service?
Anyone else experiencing similar? Any ideas how to resolve? Any advice to move forward?

Tried SD MaId, then it wanted paid for to what I wanted, which i won't pay as I don't even know if it will do it (with this phone)!
The op system is ~5.5Gb and full.
It has the full MS Office suite, a culprit for large use of space....we should really be allowed to easily remove this nowadays, especially as I have said above...this phone is NOT fir for purpose as supplied for a 2 year contract.
I also removed the whatsapp images & videos, not sure if it made a difference, but another popular and necessary app that should be made to work from SD.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones