1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S5 on Verizon - best upgrade path?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by victek, Apr 15, 2014.

1. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

I'm eligible for an upgrade on Verizon and I'm wondering if there's any difference (cost or otherwise) where I get the S5, eg in a Verizon store Vs Verizon online Vs third party sources? I remember that the last time I upgraded at a Verizon store I had to pay an extra fee. I'd like to avoid that if possible. TIA

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mshan61

mshan61 Lurker

i got my phone upgraded from iphone 4s to samsung s5 and i did at verizon store. but had to pay upgrade fees .. which was i think 15 dollars

and it was buy one get one free for s5 and verizon sales person offered 200 dollars for my old iphone 4s as well which i accepted it because i bought for 200 dolars 3 years ago . so it was best deal for me :)

remember you wont get buy1 get one free on authroized stores only verizon corporate stores or online.

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

I ordered mine from VZ Wireless as the corporate stores in my area had no black ones. They say it'll ship tomorrow....we'll see. Ordered it yesterday. They charged me an "upgrade fee" of $30 but said that as soon as it posted to my bill they would then take it off. Unfortunately, as I used my own line for the upgrade, I lost my unlimited data plan but they gave me 6 gigs instead. Given that I never even use 1 gig it seems that this will serve the same purpose.

4. victek

victek Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the $30 upgrade fee did it sound like they were doing you a favor or like it was generally the case that they refund it for online orders? The 6 gigs of data was a nice bonus, though like you I wouldn't need it. By the way, Amazon is selling it for $99 with 2 year contract (on back order at the moment though) and Target is offering a $100 credit with "eligible phone trade in".

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews