• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root S5 version 4.4.2 SM-G900V verizon phone root help!!

ncdude

Oct 12, 2010
Hi all,

I have tried to use the towelroot v1 which just sits there and never reboots or anything else. I tried towelroot V3 and it atleast says the phone is not supported. Everything I have read says this phone is supported so what am I doing wrong?

Any help will be appreciated.

Scott

So i bought the S5 from a T-Mobile store but i think it has a lot of Verizon info on it.

It is a SM-G900V
Android: 4.4.2
BaseBand:G900VVRU1ANCG
BuildKOT49H.G900VVRU1ANCG
Hardware Version: G900V.05

Will i have to downgrade it in order to root it? I do NOT want to brick this one. I love the CRAP out of so far, and it can't even take a crap!!!

Try towelroot, and if that doesn't work try chainfire.

You shouldn't need to downgrade.

Reactions: exitprogram
Upvote 0
Try towelroot, and if that doesn't work try chainfire.

You shouldn't need to downgrade.

HELP ME HELP OTHERS!!!

Just FYI, i am going to be doing research and asking a LOT of newbie questions so that i can make one big post to answer every single stupid, smart, and genius questions that come up. This will help me become well informed as well as be beneficial to the Android community as well. I will do my best to cover every single question, no matter how stupid, and put it a nice, easy to ready format. Now...

I cannot find the youtube video that i followed, but involved me extracting two files to my desktop, then opening one of them using ODIN and clicking start (After putting in to download mode, of course.). Afterwards, i used TowelRoot to root my phone,

Then i installed SafeStrap Recovery.

Now correct me if i'm wrong but i can only install CERTAIN ROMs with certain Recoveries installed, correct?

I ask this because i installed a ROM that had like 4-5 different zip files (I cannot relocate the ROM) and now my phone is in a boot loop.

WTF? What ROM's can i install and which ones can i not? Do i have to install CWM or Philz or Something else to get the really cool ROMs? I want a stable release with a customer Kernel in it where i can use KTweaker.

Thanks in avance, as always, guys!!!!!

Reactions: BRAINZ2013
Upvote 0
To answer the question about the different ROMs and download one is that you have different CARRIERS. These are the carrier and models as follow

Samsung SM-G900F/SM-G900H - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint

And next is that you have INTERNATIONAL VERSION ROMS . and then comes the custom rom .

Custom roms are :

CyanogenMod
Pacman
Mokee
Panandroid
Slimkat

Theses roms have custom kernels now to get these custom ROMs or custom kernels you need to root the device first . rooting with towelroot

Upvote 0
Hi!
May be you can help.
I have samsung galaxy S5 SM-G900V (-Verizion-), want to root this because I want to put a sim card from another operator and before unlocked I must root it (when I put my sim card, telephone whrite that sim card is unknown source, but I can calling).
I try towelroot but it not warking (this phone isn't currently supported).
What can I do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones