1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support S5 Wireless Charging

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eglons, Dec 17, 2014.

1. eglons

eglons Lurker
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    I have been charging the phone wirelessly for 6months or so. A week ago it stopped working. My wife's S3 charges fine on the dock so I assumed the card was broken. I ordered a new card and installed it today but that doesn't work either (QI pad recognises the phone as the light goes from green to blue but no charging occurs).

Same with a different battery. I've even taped the card to the terminals too!

Is there some software switch to disable wireless charging or can anyone suggest anything else?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Is there some software switch to disable wireless charging or can anyone suggest anything else?

None that I have read about. On my Qi charger, I just laid a piece of paper over the charging contacts to give it a bit of an extra "nudge". So far, my Qi charger works fine. It is has been installed since May, so about 8 months now?

Try this, get a Q-tip and dip it in alcohol. Not sloppy wet, but very damp.

rub the charging contacts to see if any oxidation might be the problem.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.