• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5 Wireless Charging

eglons

Lurker
Jun 27, 2010
I have been charging the phone wirelessly for 6months or so. A week ago it stopped working. My wife's S3 charges fine on the dock so I assumed the card was broken. I ordered a new card and installed it today but that doesn't work either (QI pad recognises the phone as the light goes from green to blue but no charging occurs).

Same with a different battery. I've even taped the card to the terminals too!

Is there some software switch to disable wireless charging or can anyone suggest anything else?

Is there some software switch to disable wireless charging or can anyone suggest anything else?

None that I have read about. On my Qi charger, I just laid a piece of paper over the charging contacts to give it a bit of an extra "nudge". So far, my Qi charger works fine. It is has been installed since May, so about 8 months now?

Try this, get a Q-tip and dip it in alcohol. Not sloppy wet, but very damp.

rub the charging contacts to see if any oxidation might be the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones