• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S6 Edge will not auto rotate

Actually I found a very easy fix for me. Worked like a charm.. Simply download "rotation lock adaptive free" from the play store. Set it to "stock auto" and hit save. Then test it out. As you can see its not hardware at all. It's software. Now to perminently fix the issue, simply uninstall "rotation lock adaptive free". Since you saved the setting as "stock auto", it's using the stock rom's auto rotate. Un installing the app simply keeps the auto rotate working and locked it back in place. You are now good to go and you don't have to wipe data. Hope this works for everyone like it did for me.
This worked for me.

Upvote 0
I have the samsung galaxy s5 and when it updated to the Jelly Bean OS the screen stopped rotating. I was just dealing with it until I found the post below, taking out the battery and clearing the cache didn't work for me.

http://inside-galaxy.blogspot.com/2014/10/samsung-galaxy-s5-how-to-enable-and-use_28.html

This worked!!! The trick is in Settings-Display-Screen Rotation and switch it to "on". The Jelly Bean OS calls it "Smart Rotation" instead of "Auto Rotation"

Upvote 0
First, the screen rotation is on. But photos, webpages, most apps will not auto rotate when I turn my phone landscape. Only app that it works in is you tube, when you view the video in full screen. Then it tends to lock up and get stuck. I've done all the software updates, rebooted a dozen times, turned auto rotation on and off .... any advice?
No need to download anything. Just pull the screen down to expose the settings cogwheel. Under that are 5 buttons with Wi-Fi at the left and Wi-Fi Calling at the right. To the left of Wi-Fi Calling is a button "Auto rotate". Just press to activate -- it turns yellow -- and the problem is solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones