1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S6 filled 5gb of storage in one day on its own HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Drewgre, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Drewgre

Drewgre Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2016
    Male
    So my internal storage showed that i had about 1gb of atorage left in the morning. So spent some time and managed to free up about 5gb total. I went to work, and went about my day not really paying any attention to my phone and by the evening when i got off it said my phone was running slow because memory was almost full and there is less than a GB left. There was 5gb this morning, how does this happen?

Advertisement

2. wunay

wunay Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 18, 2011
    Staffordshire, UK
    Try clearing the cache

3. Drewgre

Drewgre Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2016
    Male
    Yeah i did that in the morning when i freed up the space and again in the evening when it was all gone.

4. Smeeble

Smeeble Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    HiFi sales
    Wirral, UK
    Have you gone to your storage and then apps to see a list of what is taking up all the space? Could possibly be one or two programs downloading lots of data.

5. Drewgre

Drewgre Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2016
    Male
    Solved- Thanks to those who responded. It was something stupid. I went on a long camping trip and before I left I had told VUDU to download movies through my phone to my flash microusb drive. Apparently one movie never got downloaded and went into a waiting to download state. Well flash forward 2 weeks and I get back home to my wifi connections. While I was at work my first day back my phone decided to download that file and since the flash drive was not plugged in it went to internal memory. I finally noticed when it said VUDU was a 5.5GB file. Anyway, I figured it out so thank you and i no longer need help.

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.