1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 apps don't respond to voice commands

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wolfwoman, Apr 1, 2016.

1. wolfwoman

wolfwoman Lurker

Skipped S5 & 6, went from an S4 to the S7. Love it! But there's something I miss from my S4: I could control several apps using voice commands. For example, I could say, "Stop" or "Snooze" to the clock and stop or snooze an alarm.

Is there something I'm missing in setup, or has anybody else found this voice control lacking?

I searched before posting this, and didn't find any other threads containing this problem. Apologies if I missed it.

Thanks!

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

It could be the restrictions within Marshmallow or the carrier making security changes to the system. Unfortunately, verbally shutting off alarms does not seem to work.

3. ferretdiver

ferretdiver Lurker

Like you, I've just moved up from an S4 to the S7. Very disappointed that you cannot silence or snooze the alarm by saying 'snooze' or 'stop', as this was something I used regularly, especially when travelling & charging socket was not near the bedside.

If anyone finds a solution or an alternative such as an app that does the same, would be grateful.

Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews