• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Black screen and unresponsive

Pleinair

Lurker
Dec 25, 2011
Last night I was talking to a friend on discord and plugged the phone into the wall and then Samsung forced an update.. I'd been pushing it off for ages but still it should've asked this time too. Instead I have the phone plugged into the wall and I look at the screen and it's blue and telling me that it's downloading an update and not to turn it off. I was leaving my family's house and I unplug the phone getting ready to leave and the phone shuts off. I thought the update was over so I try to turn the phone back on and it's unresponsive.

Plugged it up to a computer for a second and it flashed samsung for a second and then just does nothing. What happened is the phone died during a software update that shouldn't have even happened to begin with. Every single reset is useless. The three button combo isn't working, no matter what I try. I've looked for methods on how to get passed it or use a usb to force it into download mode so I can at least rewrite the firmware.

I found a program that could do it apparently, like Samsung 300k or something but I can't find a place to download it and the places that I have found when I download it the windows defender says it's a virus or whatever so... I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Sending it in would be a no-go because I don't have the money to send it in and the phone is over a year old.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones