1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 Charging Car Mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edembert, Mar 15, 2016.

1. edembert

edembert Newbie

Just got the Galaxy S7 and am looking to upgrade my car mount. I would prefer one that mounts in a vent, and takes advantage of the S7's wireless charging capabilities. Being magnetic would be a plus.

Any suggestions?

2. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I would shy away from a magnetic mount. Often you see posts on various android forums that such magnetic mounts have a negative impact on the GPS, internal compass, etc.. There are plenty of mounts out there that are not magnetic hold. Take a looksee at amazon.com and read reviews there that will undoubtedly help you decide what mount to go with. Also, do take consideration in regard to your phone case, weight/type of accessories on phone and how it will coexist with the holder.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=s7+car+mount

#3 Deleted User, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2016
  4. edembert

edembert Newbie

Good point with the nav issues stemming from using a magnetic mount. I've been using a vent clip-on for my old phone (HTC One M8) and went without a case on both (I like to live dangerously) so weight shouldn't be an issue. Plus the vents are vertical so that might help reduce any bending.

I've heard / seen reviews on some wireless chargers that the "sweet spot" can be hard to hit, which is always going to be a risk when going with an aftermarket holder.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews