1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S7 Charging Car Mount

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edembert, Mar 15, 2016.

1. edembert

edembert Newbie
    None

Nov 12, 2014
    Just got the Galaxy S7 and am looking to upgrade my car mount. I would prefer one that mounts in a vent, and takes advantage of the S7's wireless charging capabilities. Being magnetic would be a plus.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    Male
    Columbus, OH
  3. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US

Couple of points to take into consideration.

The S7 is fairly heavy and will place a strain on a vent mount, especially with the additional weight of a wireless charger and magnetic attachment.

A few users with magnetic phone holders have found some disruption of their GPS signal – possible urban myth.

4. BillArf

BillArf Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Upstate NY & Florida
    I would shy away from a magnetic mount. Often you see posts on various android forums that such magnetic mounts have a negative impact on the GPS, internal compass, etc.. There are plenty of mounts out there that are not magnetic hold. Take a looksee at amazon.com and read reviews there that will undoubtedly help you decide what mount to go with. Also, do take consideration in regard to your phone case, weight/type of accessories on phone and how it will coexist with the holder.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=s7+car+mount

#4 BillArf, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  5. edembert

edembert Newbie
    None

Nov 12, 2014
    Good point with the nav issues stemming from using a magnetic mount. I've been using a vent clip-on for my old phone (HTC One M8) and went without a case on both (I like to live dangerously) so weight shouldn't be an issue. Plus the vents are vertical so that might help reduce any bending.

I've heard / seen reviews on some wireless chargers that the "sweet spot" can be hard to hit, which is always going to be a risk when going with an aftermarket holder.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.