• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S7 Completely Frozen

Jhtgc76uk

Lurker
Mar 11, 2016
Out of the blue, my s7 froze whilst using normally.

I managed to turn it off using vol up/home/power, and that was the only option that actually did anything.

I initially waited half an hour, but nothing... So I held the power button... Nothing. Then went for the above combination.

Now it will not turn back on at all. 8 hours old and effectively dead.

But... Id used the smart transfer to transfet all ny apps, pictures, music everything... Now I cant access any if it.

Does anyone know if a way to get it to power on again so I can at least sace my files before attempting to sort the crash issue out?

Desperate here!!!!

Thank you.

Out of the blue, my s7 froze whilst using normally.

I managed to turn it off using vol up/home/power, and that was the only option that actually did anything.

I initially waited half an hour, but nothing... So I held the power button... Nothing. Then went for the above combination.

Now it will not turn back on at all. 8 hours old and effectively dead.

But... Id used the smart transfer to transfet all ny apps, pictures, music everything... Now I cant access any if it.

Does anyone know if a way to get it to power on again so I can at least sace my files before attempting to sort the crash issue out?

Desperate here!!!!

Thank you.

I'd recommend leaving it plugged in overnight.
Then,I'd try it again.
I had a similar situation with an HTC device & had to hold down on the power button for a good minute or two before the phone sprung back into life.
If that doesn't do it,try to boot into recovery, wipe the cache partition & then select the reboot option.

Please keep us posted on your progress. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
Hi guys.

Ive tried all of those things, and went through every procedure with samsungs tech, and nothing worked.

What I don't get, is when I asked about my personal data, they ssid not to worry because the phone will be flashed and factory reset when they get it back. So it is possible somehow....

Any other ideas before it goes back?

Upvote 0
Hi guys.

Ive tried all of those things, and went through every procedure with samsungs tech, and nothing worked.

What I don't get, is when I asked about my personal data, they ssid not to worry because the phone will be flashed and factory reset when they get it back. So it is possible somehow....

Any other ideas before it goes back?
Unless you can get your desktop PC to "see" your phone & utilize Samsung's KIES or Smart Switch desktop tools to retrieve the data & perhaps reinstall the entire O/S,firmware,I don't know what else to recommend.

Upvote 0
Go to Best Buy and ask them to try flashing the firmware.
Flashing will only work if the phone is able to be turned on.

It sounds like you just got a bad stroke of luck there. If you can't get it on, there's nothing you can do. Get it swapped out. Hopefully, you still have the old phone so you can still copy your data over, otherwise anything not backed up is completely gone.

Upvote 0
Flashing will only work if the phone is able to be turned on.

It sounds like you just got a bad stroke of luck there. If you can't get it on, there's nothing you can do. Get it swapped out. Hopefully, you still have the old phone so you can still copy your data over, otherwise anything not backed up is completely gone.
Any chance they know a trick we don't to get phone turned on?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones