1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S7 constant notification alerts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dan Gelle, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dan Gelle

Dan Gelle Lurker

When I get a message or notification via any means, Facebook, SMS, the phone will alert about every minuet until I read the message and clear it. I have yet to find a setting that might be related to this. I am using Nova Launcher as well.

Thank you for any help...

2. rkkeller

rkkeller Android Enthusiast

I know this is not a lot of help, but it doesn't do that on mine.

3. Justafew

Justafew Newbie

Not sure if this is the issue, but go into your Settings, and under Accessibility ensure you don't have Notification Reminder turned on. If it is turned on, the default is that it will remind you every minute for every app reminder. You can either turn it completely off or just turn it off for all apps except the ones you want to persistently remind you.

Dan Gelle and KOLIO like this.
  4. Dan Gelle

Dan Gelle Lurker

Thank you Justafew! I that was it, never knew that was there in the S6, or must be new in the S7

5. Justafew

Justafew Newbie

It was there with the S6 as well, but you had to hunt for it. For some reason, a lot of people are reporting this issue so it appears that on some devices this setting is ON by default for some reason, whereas others like mine were OFF.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews