1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S7 edge battery life issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nick Lascody, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Nick Lascody

Nick Lascody Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    I don't know if this is an issue or not, but here is my battery usage... android system takes up the most of the battery, at 25%.. normally wouldn't that be the display taking up the most? I feel like something is draining my battery without me knowing. Location is off, Bluetooth and NFC are all off.. I'm using Nova Launcher, but the statistics were just like this with TouchWiz as well. My S4 wasn't like this, it always had the display as taking up most the battery. Is anything wrong here? Any info would be appreciated. Screenshot_20160316-003033.png Screenshot_20160316-003018.png

Advertisement

2. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US
    Certain apps, often do not show their full usage under their name. Some of their activities are often assigned to the android OS. This makes it difficult to debug your particular issue. There are other posters on this forum with similar issues, check their posts for suggestions. Some users have had success by performing factory reset's (fairly drastic but a last resort). Others, by disabling/uninstalling potentially questionable/guilty software from suspect sources.

For example, Snapchat has had issues with excessive data usage resulting in battery drain.

3. kmetta

kmetta Lurker
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    I am having the same issue with the Android System which on my phone is using 56% of the battery. I took the phone back to Best Buy where I bought it and the person there reset the software. He told me that that is certainly not normal and if it doesn't improve in 24 hours with the software reset he did to call Samsung and get a new phone under warranty. Just thought I'd pass the info along.

4. Nick Lascody

Nick Lascody Lurker
    None

Mar 16, 2016
    Male
    Mine spikes like that whenever I toggle on location. This is the only thing I dislike about Android; Location KILLS battery. I hate to compare it to iOS, but I NEVER had trouble with location enabled at all times on iOS.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.