1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General S7 Edge Cannot Download Contacts to Car

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ADG1, Jun 16, 2016.

1. ADG1

ADG1 Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    Just got a new Hyundai Genesis with and when I connect my S7 Edge everything is fine until it starts downloading contacts. It gets to about 50 contacts and then disconnects the phone. It then reconnects, starts downloading again, and then at some point disconnects. This goes on continuously.

The only way I am able to get it to stop disconnecting is to disable data sharing in the phone's bluetooth options for the car connection. The phone then connects normally and stays connected. But every time I start the car it tries to download contacts and I have to intercede and stop it.

Has anyone experienced anything similar and if so is there a work-around or fix? Thanks much in advance.

Advertisement

2. superlala

superlala Lurker
    None

May 15, 2016
    Car needs to get use to new devices that's being connected before it can connect without problems.

My S7 was having trouble transferring contacts to my Toyota Corolla whereas my old Htc M9 connected easily at first try. It took me several times of turning on and off the car (different days), waiting for the transferring bar to finish and it would always fail at the end. Finally, after numerous times, it transferred contacts to car. When I deleted a contact from my phone, it still registered as a named contact in the car. It means my car has the "old" contact list and doesn't update. I haven't tried transferring the "new" contact list i have in my phone because I'm afraid it might take forever again.

3. superlala

superlala Lurker
    None

May 15, 2016
    Just wait for it for full transfer. Try to let it download when you start the car and see what happens. You have to play around with your car/car settings

4. ADG1

ADG1 Member
    None

Dec 8, 2010
    None of that is relevant in my case, but thanks anyway.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge launched in 2016 and was one of two of Samsung's flagship devices. The S7 Edge features a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 323GB of storage, and 12MP main camera sensor.